• 訂屋查詢
  • 入山證申請
  • 交通指引
  • 申請須知
  • 注意事項

關於檜谷山莊

北大武山的雲海.jpg曾經隱身在紅檜環抱下的檜谷山莊,提供了攀登北大武山的人們,一個休憩過夜的據點,養足了精神就可邁向更高的挑戰。今日北大武山國家步道路線,早期是當地原住民獵人的獵徑,昭和15年(1940)日本人開始勘查台灣五嶽的登山路線,便沿著此路徑上山抵達此處,當時稱此處為「檜山」。昭和19年(1944)日人為建造步道及山上的神社,便在檜山興建施工所,以監督管理工程,便是檜谷山莊的前身;神社完工後,為提供日人登山住宿之用,便就地取用附近的檜木改建成驛館。戰後日本退出台灣,泰武村民將驛館拆除以其木材興建學校,直到民國56年(1967)才由林務局原地重建避難山莊,正式取名「檜谷山莊」。自民國90年(2001)起迄今,屏東林區管理處陸續翻修整理,整建為設備完善的避難山屋及整理周遭營地,除提供遮風避雨之處所或紮營場所外,還提供乾淨的水源及衛生設備,約可提供102人住宿,服務往來北大武山的山友。   

Kuaigu Inn, which was once surrounded by Taiwan red cedar,provides a resting stop for hikers. Today’s national trail used to be the hunting route of aborigines in the old days. The Japanese started surveying the hiking route in 1940 and called the place Kuai (Taiwan red cedar) mountain. They built a station in 1944 to supervise construction of shrines. The station was converted into a cottage for Japanese hikers. After the Japanese left Taiwan, villagers tore down the cottage and built a school. In 1967, the Forestry Bureau rebuilt the school into a shelter and named it Kuaigu Inn. In 2001, Pingtung Forest District Office renovated the shelter and turned it into a large cabin, providing clean water and sanitary facilities for hikers. It accommodates about  102 people.